She is a very serious artist.
On Saturday the 30th, Lilah and I got up and headed down to the season's last regularly scheduled farmer's market downtown. They have activities for the kids such as pumpkin carving and making treat bags, and a costume contest!
Here she is ready to roll. Note the sunglasses. This is how she wears them all the time. Who am I to argue with the tiny fashionista? I mean, we all wore pants backwards in 7th grade.

They had this little photo op area set up where they were having the costume contest. I knew Lilah wouldn't win again this year. If she couldn't take home top prize last year when she was an ADORABLE hedgehog, then being something as pedestrian as Dorothy wasn't going to be winning us any costumes. But that's ok. She won MY costume contest.

The vendors at the market passed out candy to the kids in costume. Here Lilah inspects her haul, which included a sticky "bug" with which she had a love/hate relationship.

Later that day we headed to the Children's Festival in the neighboring town of Easley. There was a Sesame Street themed bouncey house for the under 5 set that Lilah had to be dragged out of!

And she wanted to climb up this inflatable slide, but was none to keen on the getting back down! Seriously - look at her face. It's hysterical!

Here's me and my little sweetie!

After the festival, we went to a friend's house in Easley whose older kids always join up with neighbor's kids and ride around the neighborhood on a trailer pulled by a Gator. Ben was the official "adult" on the Trick-or-Treating Trailer experience, while two other dads managed the driving.
First house had Lilah a little apprehensive, but Ben said by the second house she had it figured out. She would thrust her pumpkin bucket out and after receiving her candy say, "OK, BYE!" We did lose a ruby slipper on a quick run back the the gator, but using Ben's fine tracking abilities, he was able to drive back around the neighborhood and pinpoint which yard he thought it was in and retrieve the shoe! Thank goodness, because she wants to wear those things almost daily. Daddy is a hero!We didn't do much on Halloween proper. Ben had to leave for work and so we just ran over to his mom's house so Lilah could visit and get her Halloween treat. She was going to go in costume, but I couldn't get her to take off her Elmo house shoes long enough to put back on her costume. Glad I got pictures!
So that was our Halloween! We were never home, so the ginormous bag of Halloween candy I got to hand out went to waste. For some reason that didn't seem to upset Ben...
2 comments:
I LOVE the 2nd to last pic that has you and MIss Lilah! So cute!
Lilah wins my costume contest too! You did a great job with her Dorothy look Rach! It's too precious. Glad y'all had a Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment