It's no secret to anyone that the economy is in a major slump. I mean, with a fill-up costing as much as a weekly grocery bill used to, how can people not be feeling the pinch? Since there is no end in sight for this non-recession recession we are in, I decided it was time for me to suck it up and go back to work - Part-time. I start Monday working as an assistant in the Graduate Studies Department at a local university.
Am I happy to go back to work?
Well, no! I was hoping I'd be doing well enough in the stationery business by now to not need to worry about seeking employment outside of the home. This recent development is yet another signal to me that I'm nothing more than a big, fat, failure when it comes to what I want to do in life.
The good thing is that it is only 20 hours a week and the pay is pretty decent for part-time work. I think I can expect to bring home enough to cover my car payment, some insurance, and actually pay off some debt while actually saving a few dollars a month. MAYBE. I may just be fooling myself with the savings, but it's something I'd like to be able to do.
Or I may spend it all on booze and hookers.
Who knows.
:-)
3 comments:
Congrats on the job, Miss Rachel! I know you're not just totally stoked about it, but you will be good at it, and it will just give you more contacts for your stationary business. :)
PS..If I come visit you this summer, would you do a Pampered Chef show for me? My commission off your show would probably pay my gas up there and back, and you'd get some free stuff too. Just food for thought.
I think the part time job will give you just the contacts you need to be able to quit the part time job and just do stationary :-) I say congrats on the new job!!!!!
i'm proud of you, rachey!
your new job will no doubt give you time to daydream about fancy fonts and expensive paper.
Post a Comment