
It's our house! I had seen these BEAUTIFUL hand stitched felt house recreations on etsy, but I knew I could never afford one. I was determined to have one, though, and I just decided I'd make it myself.
So I spent one day cutting out all the pieces and sort of "building" the picture, and then another day getting it all sewn in the right order. Obviously, I had a bit of a screw-up on the walkway up to the stairs, I made a last minute change to the staircase that made the walkway too small. But I'm really pleased with the rest of it, and especially the bricks! I mean, I just started sewing a crazy brick pattern and it all sort of worked out :-D But for all intents and purposes, I think it's obviously our house, and I made it, and he loved it and that's what matters!Anyway - as for the rest of it: for now you'll just have to wait because I have first birthday party invitations to create that should have been in the mail yesterday. *sigh*
But after this party, I'm taking a creative break...until my birthday, of course.
Hugs and Kisses!
4 comments:
cute :-)
I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I'm so stealing that idea. What a great gift that would make! I wish I could be inside your head for, like, a day.
I wish I could take credit, Cheyenne, but I stole it from someone else. LOL I just knew I couldn't afford to pay them $105 for one, though the ones she had online were beautiful and it would be money well spent for what I see as an heirloom!
Thanks, JTP - it is not nearly as awesome as the millions of things you make, though!
Rachael...I love it. Don't you love it when things just work-out for you.
Post a Comment