Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I love it when things all come together

In a previous post, I shared with you the photos I took of my friend Kristi's daughter, Hannah. As the second child in a family where the older is not quite 2, Hannah is experiencing some typical "Second Child Syndrome" symptoms, such as not having the photo email blasts sent out weekly like with her big brother and of course, getting a later start on having her birth announcement sent. I created the announcement for her older brother, when Kristi lamented not having Hannah's done yet, I jumped at the opportunity to create something nice for her. Sadly, having Lilah leaves me with less time to create the same type of announcement as I made for her brother - paper items that are uniquely shaped and have many parts to put together take me a little too long these days and we didn't want Miss Hannah graduating from High School before we could get her announcement done. So we opted to have me do a design that we could then have printed via Costco's photo center, and would require simple cutting on my part before handing them off to Kristi.

Inspired by her second child-ness and her precious strawberry onesie, I came up with this for Miss Hannah:



I love it. It is absolutely one of my favorite things that I've designed. I wish that it was fancier or had more parts to it or was more unique, but it totally fits this cute little girl and it was something that I was able to get done quickly and in large quantities so that her mom could announce her beautiful baby properly.

This reminds me that I never posted the pictures of Lilah's announcements (yes, PLURAL) and I plan to do that late tonight after my own monster bundle goes to Sleepy Town, Population 1.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Super cute as is everything you touch!

JTP said...

adorable! how did you get costco to print it???? oh and ps, I wish it was sleepy town poulation 2....

tracyp said...

SO GREAT!!! Rachael, to have a tenth of your creative ability!

Katherine S. Crawford said...

Adorable! Can't wait to start brainstorming with you for little Miss No Name Crawford Dodson!