Last night, Lilah and I collapsed into an exhausted, sugar-filled heap together. We had trick-or-treated our booties off and were so tired that I decided we were both going to bed after dinner. During some pre-sleep conversation--used to burn off the last of the sugar high keeping your mouth moving, even when your eyes are closed--I asked Lilah what had been her favorite part of the whole day. Halloween was a busy one, complete with having her daddy and I both accompany her to school for trick-or-treating the admin building hall, a full afternoon of school fun, a visit to grandma-ma-ma-ma's and finally trick-or-treating in a busy community with another tiny person. Her answer was going to include "candy," I was certain.
She yawned and said, "Hmmm...let me sink about that...just spending time with you, and hugs and kisses."
Like, that was her answer. Her for really real, totally unprompted answer wasn't costumes or candy or anything material, it was time with me.
I was shocked, awed, and humbled.
And I have to admit, it was the best treat I've ever gotten!



2 comments:
aww... so precious!
Oh my...that little girl melts my heart. What a blessing to have a child like her.
Post a Comment