Thursday, April 23, 2009

I am still alive

I am just really not in a position to type much lately.

Here's what's going on with us:

  • Lilah, in her infinite baby wisdom, has decided to start a crazy sleeping schedule rather than move on positively to sleeping through the night like she had been doing before.
  • As a result, I am tired. Very, very, tired.
  • My second LFT came back abnormal (some enzyme level is elevated) and so I now have to get MORE blood work done to see if I am anemic or have hepatitis or liver cancer.
  • As a result, I am stressed out. Very, very, stressed out.
  • My house is a wreck.
  • My cousin will be here in a few hours.
  • As a result, see points 2 and 4.
So...I know I am behind. I go to sleep at night "writing" the posts I wish I could get out, and then by the time I have a chance to sit down and write anything, it's gone.

Although I don't consider myself truly depressed and I'm very grateful for all that I have, I am not a very happy person in my life right now. I know that will change gradually, but there it is.

Until next time...

6 comments:

Jennie said...

So sorry, you're right this is a difficult age and time. I remember it well! You'll get through it but its hard, I know. Much love to you!

tracyp said...

Oh Darlin, you will be in my families thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

This is a tough time, and there's no need to downplay that. Adjusting to a baby that requires your complete devotion and nearly all your waking hours, and even most hours where you're not supposed to be awake, is a major difference from what your life was a few months ago. I can remember after Ethan was born, there for a time I would DREAD for it to start getting dark. Because I knew that it would be hours of interuppted sleep, pain when I nursed, and it just sucked there for awhile, even though I had everything I ever wanted. I remember being SO glad to see the sun start to rise. Maybe that's wierd and no one else has had that experience. All I can say is that it does get better. She will become more and more indpendent, you will be able to start and finish thoughts and projects in one sitting, and then you'll actually have a difficult time remembering what this time was like. I swear you will. But, you have to deal with a husband who has to travel with his job, and I never did. I so looked forward to being able to hand those babies off to David when he got home from work/school and not have to pick them up again until they needed to nurse. You are a rock star for doing what you're doing. It doesn't seem that way now, but this time is short lived. Lilah's feedings will become fewer and farther between, and then before you know it, she won't need to nurse at all anymore. Hang in there. Call me if you ever need to talk/blow off some steam/cry/complain. I can take it all. Love ya.

RosieLayne said...

I agree completely with your friend Jeni. (I too watch for the sun to rise and am excited to get out of bed.) Sometimes getting out of the house helps and you know I'm always up for a trip to the hood!! Lots of love... and fish oil...

Lauran said...

Poor Mama... I hope things get better very soon. You're in my thoughts.

p.s. You're the sweetest person on the planet for sending me the card for Porky! It was perfect and you knew exactly the right thing to say. I love having you as a friend. Thanks again for being your wonderful self ♥

Are You Being Messerved said...

Love you!! You're a great mom and don't forget that. I don't have kids so I won't say things like "Don't worry" or "it'll get better" I'll just diddo everyone else's experience! Just think I'll be there one day too and I'm grateful to you and everyone else in my life for the great example you all are to me! Love you!!