Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's not what you wear, it's how many times you have to change it.


My cousin Martha Ann came to visit this past weekend and we had SUCH a good time! She lives in New Orleans, and we haven't seen her since...I don't even know the last time we saw her! I'm thinking it was Christmas 2007, because I wasn't able to go home when she was there at either Christmas or Thanksgiving due to my HUGENESS.

Anyway, Friday we got up a little late (Lilah decided to be up a lot) and Ben had gotten us Chicken Minis for breakfast! Later we took Martha Ann to one of our favorite restaurants for Falafel and gyro. YUM! We went from there to my quick haircut appointment, and then walked a little downtown.

Saturday was the big day. We decided to go out shopping for a bit. So we set off for the Shops at Greenridge, where World Market is. After we checked out World Market (and Total Wine!), we went into Marshall's to find a floppy hat for Lilah. Ben found a really cute little summer outfit with a floppy hat that just so happened to match Lilah's current outfit, so we bought it. But as we were standing in line, she decided to have a little "movement." She blew her diaper completely out! No problem, we thought, we'll just go change her in the car. I had just restocked the diaper bag and I had had the forethought to put an emergency outfit into the bag. So off we trot to the car where...oh, crap! I had stopped to go to the bathroom before we left the house and had never picked back up the diaper bag before we left! We had nothing! No diapers, no wipes, no change of clothes! DAY OVER!!!!

Except -

Ben said, "I don't want to go home..."

So we decided to run up the street to Target, buy a pack of diapers and some wipes and change her into her new Marshall's outfit.

Ben finally gets her changed, and boy did she look cute! But then she was hungry, so I head back to the dressing room to feed her. She ate and ate and ate...I guess she was hungrier than we thought. No surprise; I was getting pretty hungry myself! When she was finished, I got myself covered back up and - HEY! She threw up ALL OVER HER NEW OUTFIT!

SO -

Out of the dressing room we go, straight to the baby section to pick out a little cheap outfit to change her yet again!

In case you're keeping count, we're into outfit number three - and this is all before 2:00pm!

We then went to have lunch at the club (aka Costco) and then went back home.

It was then time to change clothes once again! Martha Ann was going to take our pictures and so we wanted to coordinate. Lilah got yet another costume change - this time into her little brown polka dotted dachshund dress and bloomers, but at least it wasn't because she was covered in poop or vomit! After pictures, we went to another favorite restaurant for sushi. Lilah loves sushi. See?


And then the final costume change to get ready for bed...so for the day, Lilah had five outfits. Gotta be a record. Who does she think she is, Cher?

5 comments:

RosieLayne said...

LOL!! That Face In Hole site is so hilarious. (By the way, you sent me to faceinAhole, not faceinhole (no A). So now I have to go back. And no pressure or anything, but Cate has never had an extreme blowout with the cloth diapers... they seem to contain them well. :0)

tracyp said...

Fun times! I love when you feel so prepared just to find out you left all of it at home! I'm glad you had fun with Martha Ann.

Unknown said...

I don't miss those days! Oh, how well I remember them, though!

JTP said...

check out her abs as cher :-) I am laughing hysterically at your whole post...esp the part where you feel the need to mention chicken minis...that must mean you REALLY like them :-) hahaha funny....

Cheyenne said...

Will you hate me if I say Olivia spit up once...and only a little tiny bit? She could explode some diapers, though. The mention of gyros made me hungry. There's a gyro joint on every corner in downtown Lincoln. Also, I think she can pull Cher off better than, well, Cher...and almost better than she pulls off Ben.