The time flying bit. Ben, Lilah and I went to Charlotte today so Ben could take a trip to the apple store. He had some stuff that needed to be fixed or whatever, but I just wanted to go to the mall. Southpark Mall has about Jefftybillion stores in it, high end stuff, and I just wanted to daydream shop. They have a Tiffany there, for Pete's sake. We took Lilah in to show her quality jewelry. :-) We also got to meet up with a friend of Ben's who has a little girl who is about 12 weeks younger than Lilah. She was SO TINY! I can't believe that Lilah was that little 3 months ago! And she's already eating solid food, which Lilah is NOT yet, and for mostly selfish reasons on my part. 1) I like not having the hassle of needing to take food with me places - milk is on tap! 2) I am not really ready for stank ass food diapers. Pew. and 3) I don't have a good supply or variety of fresh veg from the garden and starting the coupon project I will not be able to buy the organic fresh veg that I want to feed her, so...she gets no real food until August when she is 7 months old.
After we left lunch, we headed to the new IKEA in Charlotte that had opened right around my birthday. On the way there, I sat in the back with Lilah because she was WAY overdue for her nap and I knew it would not be a good ride otherwise. We were giggling and laughing and I noticed this discolored spot on her gum. It was pinker than the rest of her gum. And so I decided to feel it.
Oh. My. God.
MY BABY HAS A TOOTH!
It was this sharp little broken glass shard of tooth and it was in my baby's mouth.
Not quite six months old and cutting her first tooth.
I had hoped she would be closer to a year old but she's not. She's almost 6 months old.
*sigh*
4 comments:
Be glad its 6 months and not 3! Also, be glad you SAW the tooth first and not felt it (with your boob and 5am)!
I'm sure you'll forget a lot, but you'll remember a lot, too.
For real be glad it's six months and not three! Olivia got her first tooth when she was not quite three months old and I, like Jennie, first felt it while I was nursing. I thought she was just clawing me, though. I'm an idiot. It took me three days before I realized it was a tooth...she had pretty well sliced me up. I don't think you're behind with food, though. Olivia started veggies and stuff around six or seven months, but she only ate baby food for about a month. I mean, she already had quite a few teeth by then so she was wanting our table food.
Yeah- baby's first tooth! WDP has 7 and a half...what???? How did it happen- it was one, then 2 then 7!- Wait as long as you want on the food thing- don't let people rush you into it!!!! And if you do make baby food- the book Super baby food is awesome!!!!!! I have those cool food tray things from williams-sonoma maybe by beaba? Anyway- LOVE them! It's soo easy and so much cheaper than buying food- and yummier too! :-) William misses lilah....
Teefies! We LOVE teefies! Except when they clamp down on the boobies and keep baby up nights wondering 'what the HELL is this thing in my mouth and why does it hurt like a be-yatch'?
Siz months is about right - L'il bit got hers around then. Of course we had no clue until she totally soaked her gorgeous dress at a family event. Guess in Lilah's case the excessive drool didn't clue you in that teefies were coming?
Enjoy the teefies - and mark my words, you will cry when that one tooth is the first one she loses and places under her pillow!
Post a Comment