We did a little shopping, did a little eating, did a teeeeeensie bit of drinking (1 margarita) and then saw Chris Rock at the Fox Theatre.
First of all, if you like Mexican food and good margaritas and awesome patios (which we sadly did NOT get to experience due to the AMAZING weather Saturday so the wait was an hour for patio seats), then I suggest you visit Tin Lizzy's Cantina in Atlanta. It was was a lot of fun. The waitress tried to get us all to do shots, but as it was only 6:00pm and we had to drive 2.5 hours to get to our respective destinations following the show, we declined.
Can I just say - The Fox Theater is AMAZING. I have never been there (SHAME!) but knew that the Alabama Theater in Tuscaloosa based it's interior design choices on that theater...with the stars in the ceiling and all. Well, This was unbelievable...the clouds, on the ceiling MOVED!!! And when the clouds would go "over" a star, it would fade out, just like if you were looking at a real night sky. I absolutely loved that theater, and could not have been more impressed with a venue. I can't wait to have an excuse to go back. Anyway - Chris Rock was great. His opening act was Mario Joyner, who was also very funny. He talked about how phone vibrate functions are so loud now, you can hear them vibrate, so therefore, isn't it just another ring tone? With which I must agree! Anyway, Chris Rock talked a lot about politics and the election and of course, the differences between men and women and every observation made there was pretty much dead on.
The show was over about 10:30 and I got home around 12:45. So, a long day - almost 13 hours from leave to return, but it was good. I was really glad to see my friends :-)

Here we are - Three wannabe trouble makers! L-R Tinita, Kenina, and Me :-D Tinita MAY have had two margaritas - can you tell? :-D
1 comment:
Awww! Good times, and I postively LOVE your hair!
Post a Comment