Thursday, July 17, 2008

Belly

Just in case anyone is interested, but mostly these posts will be for me to look back and laugh (or cry) about when I am big huge.


14-week belly

14-week appointment today went well. The baby is still in there! Every time the doctor pressed the doppler deeper to hear the heart louder, baby would scoot superfast out of the way! Baby doesn't like to be poked!

9 comments:

Sara said...

So cute. I never took any "belly" pictures. I suppose because I never had a cute belly to begin with.

JTP said...

soo cute! and sooo tiny. baby William would scoot too, all of our ultra sound pictures suck because he would move and not let us take pictures- typical guy. then again I didn't care at the time, I was crying b/c she said he was a boy...but now I wish I had a cute picture of him. oh well- Keep posting the belly pics :-) did callie tell you I lost 9 lbs when I found out I was pregnant...because I quit drinking- I did't realize alcohol had so many calories :-) or that i drank that much! of course it's come back five fold- damn!

-k said...

you're kidding me with this 14-week "belly" crap, right?

Jeni said...

i had no stretch marks until baby #2...and if there are no plans for baby #2 in your future, maybe you'll get lucky..... :)

Rachael M. said...

Sara - WHATEVER! You always looked good. :-)

JP - NO! I would have probably lost some weight, too, if I didn't immediately replace alcohol calories with beef and cheese ones. LOLOL

Kerrieann - ONE BABY. You would have looked the SAME (or better) if you had only had ONE baby in there!

Jeni - I have stretchmarks from when I was 30 pounds heavier; they say if you have them at all before you get pregnant, you're getting them, no two ways about it. At least I'm prepared...and learning about all my options for laser stretchmark removal!

Jennie said...

My girls call my stretchmarks my "stripes." "Mommy where did you get those pretty silver stripes?" I replied, "I got them when I was pregnant with you and maybe when you're pregnant you'll get them too." To which they replied excitedly, "Really? You think so." I can only hope those two get stretchmarks after all they put me through ;) Anyway after that I'm kind of proud of my "stripes."

Rachael M. said...

Jennie - You are definitely a better person than I am. I don't think I'll ever be happy to have them! It is sweet that the girls think they're neat, though. Hopefully they'll keep thinking that way.

Emily said...

Brett was my only baby that gave be stretch marks the other two were more kind. I took belly pix with Isaak and Jack. While pregnant with Brett my life was horrible...I was so sick all the time and then at the end I was on bed rest. But he turned out to be my most agreeable child. But I never showed with any of mine until the 7th month.

Rachael M. said...

I think that I've probably got 4 good weeks left of not having some sort of serious pooch. I wish I could make it to 7 months without showing, but I just know that ain't happening!