Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is there a such thing as "Pre-Partum Depression"?

I've been pretty blue for the past few days. I can't put a finger on a reason, but it doesn't help how sleepy I've been and that I keep getting headaches that I can't take anything good for. Plus, I had to put another pair of pants in the "uncomfy" pile today. I bought them in February - they were so big they were hanging off. I wore them one time a couple of weeks ago and they fit perfectly. I put them on today and I don't know if it's that I washed them and they shrank in addition to my growing, but they made me feel like a stuffed sausage. Hardly attractive.

This week is just going to be rough and I can't get out of it and I just feel like I'm not going to get everything done that needs to be done before we leave at 1:00 on Friday.

Blah.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Are you coming to AL? I really would love to help you with the coat. Don't worry you'll feel better soon! And the sweet baby will make up for all the blahs.

Emily said...

I know how you feel. I felt that way when I was pregnant with Isaak. It's just a lot of change. Hormones, body, everything, and it really gets to you. It will get better and once the baby is sleeping well through the night you will feel much better. For, me the first 6mos of my babies life is always the hardest. But you will be great!

Rachael M. said...

LOL - So what y'all are saying is that I should start feeling better in about a year...

:-D

Jennie - as much as I appreciate your offer and was thisclose to taking you up on it, I need to deflect my aunt somehow from sewing me maternity jumpers straight from 1979...so I'm thinking I'm going to put her on the project. She's retired and has already started a quilt for the baby based on colors I may or may not use for a nursery I may or may not get finished by the time the baby gets here.

*blah!*

Sara said...

I had a hard time during those times in my pregnancies. I figured it was related to the fact that nothing fit right. I hated actually having to get dressed to go out in public where I needed/wanted to look nice. There's the difficult in-between stage of normal clothes don't fit, but too early for maternity clothes. That leaves you to just buy bigger sizes which you really don't want to do either. Oh how I hated that stage...it was depressing. It does get better and doesn't necessarily take a year or more. Once you start actually looking pregnant and don't feel like you need to inform everyone you come in contact with that your not just getting fat because you eat too much and don't exercise, you'll feel better.